Thursday, November 3, 2011

Learning Softimage - Ball bouncing and simulation



Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great week. Here is my latest work on the Autodesk Softimage software : a bouncing ball that interact with multiple mesh forming a little tower. In order to create movement in this little clip, two technique were used : 1) classic keyframing animation using the curve editor in Softimage. 2) Dynamic physic simulation based on gravity forces and collision between the ball (which is animated with keyframes) and the actual blocs forming the tower.I also included an environment in order to contain the different components in the scene.


As far as the rendering goes, I used mental ray with some reflection on the ball and individual blocs. This gives a more futuristic look to the whole scene.


I hope you like it, and as usual, every comment is welcome !

4 comments:

  1. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, your experience is quite encouraging to me. I think this is the best option for me at
    the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I'll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you to write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Computers Top Blogs