Sunday, April 17, 2011

Learning Softimage - Air Defense




Hi, this week at the CentreNAD we learned a lot about animating mesh on path, different constraint types. The planes in the video were modeled, textured and animated in Softimage XSI 2011.5. However, I wanted to try out a new program for the environment. It is called VUE 9. It was used in the making of great movies like Avatar and other big title. One of the new feature of the version 9 is the direct implementation of the VUE renderer and workflow directly into Softimage XSI. I used VUE 9 to set up my landscape including the water, the sky, palm tree and the mountains. VUE 9 also animated everything automatically so it would look right. There was quite a lot of tweaking to do in order to make it play right with Softimage, but once that was done : it was a great experience.

I hope you like it. Comments are welcome !

I hope you like it ! As usual, every comment is welcome !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Computers Top Blogs